Since the other day I turned 35.. I thought I would share 35 things about myself.
- I could eat chips and salsa for any meal – I often eat it for breakfast.
- I graduated from college with a B.A. in Economics. Minor in Business Administration
- I often get asked if I went to school for Interior Design. But nope. Actually I would have told you that I have absolutely no creativity skills. My mom would tell you that I was the LEAST creative child. My art projects were the saddest thing you ever did see.
- Then we bought a house… and well…. I don’t know… I just started using creativity in our home design. Trying to make it pretty and functional… and a happy place for us to come home to…. And then started blogging about it.
- I do not like cake. But I do like the occasional cupcake.
- I do however… love ice cream
- I try to not eat meat as much as possible. However… I still love cheeseburgers & Tacos. Some sometimes I cave.
- I love coffee. Like 11pm – make myself a cup of coffee and still have no problems sleeping
- I might have a caffeine addiction
- One time in college I gave up soda for lent and my hands shook and I had headaches. I started limiting my pop – but then started drinking more and more coffee.
- Caffeine addition it is…
- I snort when I laugh really hard.
- I love photographs. Photographs are my love language.
- I love Disney. Really love Disney. Seriously.
- I have 6 beautiful nieces.
- If you meet me I probably have paint on my hands… or in my hair… or both. And there’s a 60% chance I am wearing some sort of hat.
- I never paint my nails because we are constantly working on home projects so it seems like a waste
- My husband claims that I overuse the words anymore, statistically, and amazing.
- Which just makes me want to use those more…
- I find it super annoying that every time I need Jerry to do something… he has an urge to poop. And then I am pretty sure … sits in there for an hour playing on his phone avoiding whatever task I have asked him to do … hoping that I give up and do it for him.
- But after 14 years you would think he would know… I am stubborn … I will win. Always.
- I am an introverted extrovert. Meaning I love being around people and enjoy talking with people. But getting to those people is really hard… because I am lazy and I would rather put on sweatpants and lay on my couch and watch movies or at least I think I would rather stay home… but once I get out I have fun. But it’s a struggle.
- However, I am shy and awkward. Probably mostly … just awkward.
- I love being a Mom. And I love being a mom to boys. There’s something raw and beautiful about the whole motherhood experience. How these tiny people can teach you so much about yourself… and about life in general. It’s such a beautiful experience. And I like to think that I was meant to raise boys for a reason – so even though I try not to take myself too seriously… or be too hard on myself. I take this role in their lives as my biggest contribution in my life and that is something I take very seriously.
- I love cherry Pepsi – but try so very hard to not drink it.
- I miss dancing. I wish there were dance classes for adults. Good ones. I am not talking Zumba. I would even love to have a barre class. But those don’t exist in this area. Boo.
- My first conversation with my husband was an argument over Britney Spears.
- Followed up by a few hours of playing bags… inside at his apartment. All the furniture was pushed against the walls.. And bags tournaments set up. And nothing about this seemed strange at that time. Oh to be young again.
- Our wedding day was literally the happiest day of my life.… because that day was day 1 of us starting our family.
- I didn’t understand the magnitude of “Love at First Sight” … until Maddux was born. And I was lucky enough to experience it a second time with Hudson.
- I love ripped jeans and V-neck t-shirts. And tennis shoes.
- My favorite movie of all time is Die Hard. However, I have found that I can watch Jurassic World over and over with Maddux and it’s one movie I am never tired of seeing.
- My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird.
- I love sprinkled donuts. Preferably pink icing – rainbow sprinkles.
- I have an irrational fear of grasshoppers.
There you have it. 35 random things.
Anyone share any of these with me? Does anyone else not like cake? but like cupcakes? Strange… I know. Anyone else more afraid of grasshoppers than spiders? The jumping is creepy.. not only the jumping but those things are sticky… gross.
Come on.. I can’t be the only one…