So I finally got a Women’s Trunk!!!!! I was so excited. I loooove it. I love that you get to talk to your stylist on the phone and over email personally. For the first trunk I asked her to just throw random fall things in there. I didn’t give her too much direction because I would rather try stuff on and then tell her what I like/don’t like and go from there. I did exclude a few textures that I know I won’t wear… but for the most part I just let her send me what she wanted to throw into the trunk.
So here are the details. It’s absolutely free. There is no styling fee. No shipping fee. Nothing. they send you about 12-16 items and you have 10 days to try it on. 10 Days!!!!! no rushing… no nothing. It’s amazing.
You try it all on… keep what you want, send back what you don’t. So easy.
Okay so let’s get to the fun stuff… what i got!
Excuse the messy house behind me and the half primed trim on one window (now you will be looking for it) Eventually … hopefully this week… I’ll get those windows painted. And sorry for the bad cell phone photos. Next time I am going to make Jerry grab some photos. I won’t do the weird poses though :)
So onto the clothes!
1.’Tammy b’ Asymmetrical Sweatshirt/St Joie $138 – I loved this. it was ridiculously soft. However, it was a bit pricey for a sweatshirt for me.
2.’Transcend-Verdugo’ Ankle Skinny Jeans (Nottingham) – Paige Denim $143.65 – I again loved these. The only thing holding back. Is I am still getting back to my Pre-Hudson Size. But guys…. these are amazing. What to do, what to do? I am a big believer in spending money on decent jeans. I keep jeans for years and years. so I will absolutely get my money’s worth out of these jeans…. unless – they stop fitting. however, these jeans claim they do not stretch out. Decisions decisions. help.
3. ‘Helena’ Denim Jacket /Kut from the Koth $74.50 – I always love a good jean jacket. And seriously… I would wear this almost every weekend.
4. Long Sleeve Stripe Tee/T by Alexander Wang/Ivory $140 – Way too much money for a striped tee. Plus it was a bit big (you can see in second photo with jeans)
6. Same striped tee as above
7. ‘The Skinny’ Stretch Jeans (Coal)/rag & bone/Jean $185 – black jeans are just… not my thing. they fit well and there isn’t anything wrong with them. I just like to make sure I will actually where stuff again and again before I buy it.
8. roll sleeve Textured Knit Shift Dress/Caslon $58 – I honestly hated this. it looks like a potato sack.
10. ‘Painter’ Cotton & Linen Pants/Jole $238 – I actually liked these a lot. They were sooo comfortable. But they were a bit loose.. so i thought in a month they wouldn’t really fit anymore.
11. ‘Hamptyn’ Almond Toe Ankle Bootie/Splendid $178.95 – I didn’t hate these. but i wasnt really in love with them either. They were just… okay.
12. Piped Drawstring Joggers/Topshop $75 – I bought a few joggers for work this year. Mainly because i thought they were perfect for that in between size after having a baby. But these were baggy and weren’t very flattering. I was lucky enough to grab a few pairs on clearance at Jcrew this summer for 8 bucks a piece!!!!!
13. ‘Sullivan’ V-Neck Cardigan/Equipment/Black $248. – Pfft. TOO MUCH MONEY FOR A CARDIGAN.
15. ‘Catherine’ Boyfriend Jeans (Easily)/Kut From the Kloth $89 – I like these a lot. However, I just bought some boyfriendish jeans this brand from Stitch Fix last month.
So what do you think? Should I keep anything? Help me decide. Go!